Introduction and General Terms
- social media or official Vantage content on other websites;
- any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
What information will Vantage collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Vantage’s services or content, such as marketing materials, blogs, message boards, web and mobile notifications, or telephone or text Vantage, we may receive personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as your name, email address, addresses, telephone or mobile number, as well as information collected about your use of our services. Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it. Based on the information you give us or the way you engage with us, we may collect third party data about you, for example, your social media feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Please note however that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by us.
Where else might you have collected data about me from?
On occasion, Vantage will work with third parties such as marketing services firms and media publishers to collect data on named individuals for marketing purposes. We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How will Vantage use the information it collects about me?
Vantage may use your personal information for a number of purposes depending on your relationship with us.
For all website users, we will use your data:
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, e.g. for the legitimate interest of delivering a personalised service, blocking unacceptable use etc.;
- for the legitimate interest of contacting you about a submission you have made
- for the legitimate interest of analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Vantage.
- to provide you with relevant information about our services and activities, based on your consent as appropriate
For Vantage Clients, we will use your data:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations. This includes:
- to deliver our services, activities or content and to provide you with information about these services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Vantage may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or content you have signed up for.
- were we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. If you are subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services, you can unsubscribe from email newsletters;
- to comply with our legal obligations, such as sharing transaction details for accounting and taxation purposes;
- for the legitimate interest of providing you with relevant information about our other services and activities
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes. Where Vantage proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
When will Vantage contact me?
Vantage may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that Vantage can deliver the services.
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Vantage products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Vanatge;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Vantage services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to Vantage’s policies and practices; and;
- for marketing purposes as set out below.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Vantage will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have already signed up to our newsletter or if you have agreed to this. We offer regular emails to let you know about industry news and Vantage services. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting Vantage. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of our services.
You can opt out from these communications at any time. You may either use the unsubscribe mechanism in any of the communications you receive, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Vantage share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will use your information within Vantage and will only share it outside Vantage where you have requested it or given your consent, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law. We will ensure that suitable safeguards have been put in place to protect your privacy.
We may share your information internally across the service and its affiliates, where this is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested. Please see section on how we use your information above for more details.
We will only share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Vantage when one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Vantage when we have your consent to do so.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Vantage if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vantage, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
How long will Vantage keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Vantage. In the case of marketing communications, your data will be held for as long as is set out in the data receipt you will have received when giving your consent for us to use your data. If you cease services with Vantage then your personal information is deleted in timeframes in accordance with local laws, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your Vantage account, please see deletion section below.
Can I delete my data?
For as long as Vantage is providing services to you, a contracted agreement with an associated named individual is a necessary part of delivering that service and you cannot delete your account. However, any individual’s personal data may be removed wherever requested, provided an alternative named individual is provided. As explained in the section above, deleting your Vantage account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Vantage will be made anonymous.
Can I find out what personal information Vantage holds about me?
You have the right to complain about the way in which we process your data. If you wish to do so, please contact your national data privacy supervisory authority.